Blues Tembos Outdoor Musical Playground
Playing any instrument with the notes from a blues scale will instantly create a blues vibe - and these plosive aerophones are no different.
The blues goes hand in hand with creating 'music in the moment'. Rather than thinking about notes or theory, it’s the sound, style and feel of what you’re playing that matters most.
Our seven blissful notes on the Blues Tembos allow players to don their 'blues hats' and make some amazing bluesy sounds.
● Unique Bluesy Sound
● Tall and Intriguing
● Accessible Play Equipment
● Inclusive Playground Product
Indicative age ranges
Early primary (5-8)
BS EN 1176
● The design of our Tembos is based on a group of instruments called ‘plosive aerophones’. Plosive Aerophones are such a simple idea but make pretty awesome outdoor musical instruments. These music-making instruments, look and sound so intriguing visitors cannot resist having a try when they encounter them. They are so easy and rewarding to play and yet most people have never heard of them before.
● To play a plosive aerophone, you simply strike the end of a long tube (traditionally bamboo) to give the air inside a bit of a jolt, this jolt then creates a vibration which makes a distinctive ‘boing’ sound as the air resonates within the tube. The length of the tube determines the pitch (how high or low the note is) and by making a set and varying the length of the tubes, you’ve created an instrument with a musical scale.
● We’ve ditched the bamboo and made the Tembos from stainless steel which we tune to:
● C Major Pentatonic (C3-C4),
C Major Diatonic (C3-C4) or
● ● Blues Scale (G, Bb, C, Eb, F, Gb, G).
● A stylish support structure holds the stainless steel pipes in a vertical orientation with the tallest standing over 3m in height, creating a truly visual and audibly stunning experience.